Restricted key systems
Restricted key systems utilise protected keys and lock cores to restrict access to you building/complex and stop unauthorised duplication.
Restricted keys are in most cases protected by patent, which prohibits other manufacturers from making unauthorised productions of the key blank. Customers must provide proof of ID before Western Districts Locksmiths will cut additional keys using restricted blanks.
For more information on setting up a restricted key system contact one of the friendly team at Western Districts Locksmiths.
- Your key system details are securely held in our office and ID is required to access this information
- Bump proof and pick resistant security key cylinders which means stronger, more reliable and more secure
- Other keys can not be inserted into lock
- All keys are number stamped which helps you to keep track of your keys
- It provides a high security deterrent to prevent unauthorised entry
A master keyed system comprises a number of cylinders/locks that allow different groups or individual key holders to gain access to all or individually defined areas of a building or buildings.
There are many benefits of a master keyed system, but the overriding one is that access can be controlled across a building allowing appropriate people access to only certain parts of the building. Secondary advantages mean that individuals can have access using only a minimum number of keys.
A master key operates a set of several locks. While there's nothing special about the key itself, there are only specific locks into which it will fit. These locks also have keys that are specific to each one (the change key) and cannot operate any of the others in the set which means that you can effectively restrict certain people to certain areas. Locks that have master keys have a second set of the mechanism used to operate them that is identical to all of the others in the set of locks.
For more information on master keying contact one of the friendly team at Western Districts Locksmiths.
- The ability to restrict appropriate access to particular areas
- Access with a minimal amount of keys - enhancing security
- Sophisticated & powerful